The Measles is contagious.One child may be able to infect other children
from the moment they begin feeling ill or before the symptoms even develop.
Measles is a serious respiratory disease caused by a virus.It spreads easily through coughing,sneezing and breathing.It can be fatal however measles,mumps,rubella (MMR) vaccine protects against measles.
What are the symptoms of Measles?
Measles starts with a fever then cough,runny nose and red eyes.
then a rash of tiny ,red spots to break out.It starts at the head and spreads to the rest of the body.The rash can last for a week and coughing can last up to 10 days.
Other symptoms may include scaly patches,loss of appetite,diarrhea (especially in infants) and swollen lymph nodes
Outbreak was declared in some cities from Metro Manila
North Bay Boulevard South
Bagong Tanyag Taguig
Here are some ways to prevent Measles from spreading:
- Make sure that you and your child/children are protected with MMR (Measles,Mumps,Rubella) vaccine.
- Avoid crowded places or don't bring your child/children in places with lots of people because they can easily get infected since they are the ultimate carriers of the virus.
- Use mask when travelling or when in crowded area.
- Have good personal Hygiene.Take a bath everyday and Wash hands frequently with soap and water.
- Boost Immune system by taking right amount of vitamin c and eating lots of fruits.
- When you feel the first sign or symptom go to the nearest health care and have yourself or your child/children check.
Let's all be aware of the DANGERS of Measles poses.
"Iligtas sa Tigdas ang Pinas"